View Single Post

Old 01-09-2020, 12:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
I think I'm due for a knee replacement and would like some input from the TOTV community as to a doctor they would recommend. I've looked at previous threads but they are very old and I wonder if the recommendations are still applicable.

The 3 names in those old post were John Williams (here in The Villages), Vuong Nquyen (Orlando), and James Duke (Ocala).

Also, I've heard that you can't get down on your knees after a knee replacement. Since this would result in a knee replacement in both knees, I'm wondering if any of you have had problems with this situation. Seems like there is always an occasion when I've got to get on at least one knee to do something. Because I've currently only got one of the knees replaced, it hasn't been a problem but I'm concerned about this as well. Any input you can offer will really be appreciated.
I had Dr Duke do my left knee and Dr Nguyen did the right. The left knee was the worst but the recovery was long and I took a lot of pain meds, although I can't say anything bad about Dr Duke. Dr Nguyen's side I recuperated fairly rapidly and took very little medication. I walked sooner and more after Dr Nguyen's surgery. Now I am having problems with my left knee and I may have to have more surgery (it's been 8 years). But Dr Nguyen's right side is still good. And they both told me to stay off my knees, but, no one will have to tell you because it will hurt to kneel.