View Single Post

Old 01-09-2020, 07:31 AM

Susan Pierce Thompson PHD is a doctor of Brain and Cognitive Science Disorders. She personally created this program 15 years ago and went public with in 2014 after seeing results with a small group of friends. Since then, the number of members has grown to a few thousand world-wide and most of them are still following the plan. Her book, Bright Line Eating, explains how the brain becomes addicted to sugar, flour, alcohol, nicotine, drugs, etc. The program rewires the brain to stop the addictions to food through a food plan that allows for grains, vegetables, fruits, dairy, plant and meat protein. However, it doesn’t allow for added sugar or flour of any kind. That is tough for most of the population, therefore, the reason for the world’s obesity rate. Members eat three meals a day and in the (large) quantities stated in the plan. For instance, Dinner is 4 oz of any plant or meat protein you like, 6 oz of any vegetable, 8 oz of a salad and 1 oz of a fat. Use a scale to measure out any of these and see what I mean by large quantities. Breakfast and lunch includes 6 oz of fruit, but cuts the salad. Breakfast includes a grain, but cuts the vegetable. Anyway, the focus is on losing the weight by breaking the addictions, getting healthy and fit, taking away the obsession of counting calories or points, no fake food to eat, no group weigh-ins, no shaming, nothing like any other programs out there. It does have a huge online, private support group, hundreds of teaching and informational videos by Dr. Thompson, and other support items. No exercise programs to start unless you’ve already been enjoying one. There’s a great video by Susan Pierce Thompson on the website, Home - Bright Line Eating™ that explains what the program is all about. I would also recommend reading her book before a person makes harsh judgements about it without fully understanding what the program entails and why the success rate remains 83% no matter how many years it’s been available to the public. It’s working wonderfully for my husband and I.