View Single Post

Old 01-09-2020, 11:02 AM
Default Retired EMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
It was an accident as far as I've read about it. Nowhere did I see it said that the person wanted to or planned to break the law. Everybody wants to obey the rules unfortunately mistakes happen. I wouldn't move my car or any truck I did drive several years back without my seatbelt but choose to not wear the seatbelt in the Golf Cart. I am over the age of 21 and it's my decision and I don't have to explain it to nobody for any reason. It is my personal preference. If you question my judgement hooray for you. It will feel good for a couple of minutes. I wanna be able to bail out if necessary or if we drove into or were force into a pond. Golf Cart Seat Belts aren't for everyone. I had the belts installed for other adults who use my cart.

If you feel like this about my post I don't give a Fig Newton!
It is funny you should say that. : D.O.T. (Department of Transportation) did a Major Survey about carts with and with out seat belts. Their results of this test stated just what you said " Falling (Bale out) was better you leave the cart that to stay in it" Just maybe they should do another survey now. This is why DOT does not require seat belts in a regular golf cart. Maybe street certified should have them. Car are designed to keep people compartment safe if you stay inside it. Cart ahere found to be safer if you leave it. Just some Infor