View Single Post

Old 01-09-2020, 05:36 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Congratulations on the loss. It sounds like you were eating too many calories and not enough nutrition. You're now eating fewer calories which automatically results in a net loss. If you had cut out ANY foods with the same number of calories, you would have the same net loss of weight.

Keep in mind though - ALL fruits contain sugar. So if you want to truly "walk the walk" you'll need to eliminate all fruits. Otherwise, you're not really eliminating all sugars at all. Just refined white sugar. Which is fine - just don't fool yourself. That's when people fall off their diets and add the weight right back again.
Yes, I was doing the same thing you and most of the rest of America is doing, eating a diet with refined sugar. This nutrition guideline is eliminating refined sugar and not fruit’s natural sugars which are a mix of glucose, fructose and lactose. Following the eating guidelines removing refined sugar leaves no craving for overindulgence in any one food including fruit. I’m not dieting, done with diets and counting points, calories, etc. This is a nutrition change and eating healthy has never been easier for me. By the same token, I seldom eat fried food.