View Single Post

Old 01-10-2020, 11:56 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
When Gary Morse was running the Villages, NO houses were built until the amenities were in place and running. NOW I only see houses built, selling LONG before the pool, postal station or bridge is built. To me, the family is ONLY interested in building / selling houses ....

RIP Gary .....

Am I being negative to the Villages..... NO, I'm realistic and say what I see. I love the Villages but the trend has changed to the negative for me...
That is totally False. The neighborhood rec. centers with pools and postal stations have all been up and running before the homes were sold in all of the villages south of 44. There were less than 30 homes sold in Fenney when we bought and there was already a sports pool, neighborhood pool, mail station although there weren't enough of us to get the keys yet, the bocce and pickle ball courts, etc. were all open and before DeSoto, McClure, Linden, Monarch Grove, etc., were built they had their amenities in place also. The pools for DeLuna and Chitty Chatty are well underway and they have yet to build a house in either village.