View Single Post

Old 01-10-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big guy View Post
We have been without a refrigerator since November 29, when it stopped working. We have been eating 2 meals a day out. We lost $400 worth of food. We have had an extended warranty on our refrigerator so the cost of the repair has not been a problem. However, everytime they diagnosed the problem and had to order parts, Lowes had to give their approval which slowed the entire process down. I am not going to get into the diagnosis except to say, if you buy an appliance these days, buy an extended warranty since the appliances are mostly junk. It's 2020 and you would think 'we' could produce an appliance that would last a while. Not so.

So after 7 weeks of farting around with repairs the repairman said, "It's not possible to repair this thing. I am going to recommend that they pay you for a new refrigerator". They (the extended warranty people) did that the same day. So off to Lowes to buy a refrigerator. No luck. They had a big sale on Black Friday, which depleted their warehouse supply, it would have been 6 weeks before we got a delivery. So we ran down the road to Home Depot. The salesman is nice, we find a fridge, give the man our credit card, schedule a day for delivery (Wednesday) and leave. We get a phone call at 7:30 am on Wednesday from the delivery company. "Our trucks our running late so we can't deliver until Thursday between 3:30 and 7:30 pm." In my just-got-out-of-bed-state, I can't make sense of how at 7:30 in the morning, the trucks are running late but I ignored it and said OK. I had an 11:15 am appointment and my husband was here and since the delivery time was 3:30 or after, I didn't worry about it. I arrived home at 11:55 with plenty of time to spare only to walk in and learn that the delivery people were here and left and we had no refrigerator. My husband was on the phone and was being very loud. He gives me the phone and I asked what happened. The delivery boss says, "We've been there 2 days in a row and no one has been home." "What!?" says I, "that's not true. Someone was here both days and we weren't supposed to get delivery yesterday. It was supposed to be today between 3:30 and 7:30 pm." "No Ma'm", the boss says, " the delivery time was 11am to 3:30pm". We talked, I used language unbecoming to a lady, I cried a little and they wouldn't come back. We talked to people at Lady Lake Home Depot, Home Depot headquarters, and we got nothing except delivery, which had been suggested for Saturday was now suggested for next Wednesday. Nothing left to do but cancel the order and go elsewhere. In summary, Home Depot tells you one thing and does another, too many people are involved in handling your purchase or order, and communication is sorely lacking. Thanks for letting me vent but I also hope that you will remember this if you make a purchase that might need delivery or customer service from Home Depot somewhere down the road. We had a similar situation in the purchase and installation of a door a couple of years ago. That was settled amicably but who needs the stress!
A different take about Home Depot:
We've been a Home Depot customer for over 20 years and have purchased many, many items from them on a furnish, deliver and install basis. We've never experienced anything like you are describing. We've always been more than pleased with customer service and communications with HD and their subcontractors and suppliers.