View Single Post

Old 01-10-2020, 01:21 PM
Gold member
Default Good idea to help support the rescue or shelter you support

Do you have a favorite rescue or shelter that you like to support?
Would you like to help two animal orginizations without spending a bunch of additional money? Here is what I do...

Some rescues, including the one I am with have auctions online. I will bid in auctions that other rescues are having. If I win something, I will turn around and donate it to another rescue so they can either use it to raise money for their organization or to help their foster dogs. I volunteer with a rescue, but I cannot bid in their auctions. But I love bidding in other auctions and helping other rescues.

Why am I telling you this? Well, I am a volunteer with Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida. Besides our regular page on Facebook, we also have an auction group where we hold fundraising auctions. Perahps you would like to try this. Example: say you were going to spend $40 to help a rescue (just an example). You could donate it to one rescue which is great OR you could spend it on winning items in an auction, then donate those items to another rescue or shelter. The second rescue or shelter gets to use the items for fundraising or for their dogs. So you still spent the SAME AMOUNT of money, but you have helped TWO organizations!!! If you are on Facebook or if not you can always join, you can check out our Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida Awesome Auctions group. (See link and info. below.)

WHAT: Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida (the rescue I am with) is having their January auction. Join and bid on items.
WHERE: Facebook - the rescue has an auction group - Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida Awesome Auctions Public Group | Facebook
WHEN: Now thru Jan. 15th, 2020. (Ends at 8 pm ET.)
WHAT KIND OF ITEMS: We have such a variety I can only list a few. We have a variety of things from pet carriers (we have 3) to pet-themed decor pillows. From blankets to tote bags. Custom fit harneses for small dogs (made using your dog's measurements. small crate pads, car booster seat for small dog, lots of other items, and of course, a lot of dachshund merchandise.

Please join us. Doesn't cost anything to look or bid (unless you are the winning bidder at the end of the auction). Help us and help the rescue or shelter of your choice.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Low Rider header - Copy.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	82510  

Last edited by GeoGeo; 01-19-2020 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Auction Has Ended