View Single Post

Old 01-12-2020, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We have tried to get the move since 2010. Bought a PV furnished it, for them to use anytime. At our expense.

NOPE, not going to leave their home, they came for a week or so. But will not leave their house unattended.

I have added Alexa and blink in their Up north home. Cameras in garage, front door, basement stairs, and stairs to bedrooms. Alexa is in every room. So if fall occurs help is there,

Good luck, my parents are in the middle of an ice storm, and I can’t get them to leave even for the winter.
You have done everything you could do, so no need for a guilt trip. The saying in our family was "they are coming out feet first," and they did! I think we forget sometimes just how hardy our parents are, they are part of the greatest generation, they have lived through more history than we will probably ever see and they did it without technology, without all the modern appliances available to us now. I remember my grandmother boiling her sheets in a huge pan on the stove and then rinsing them and carrying them outside to hang on the line to dry - nobody ever told that old lady what to do!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak