View Single Post

Old 01-12-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I have RA, osteo-arthritis as well as fibromyalgia. I used GE post too as he's a retired dr., I believe. He's right about seronegative RA as it won't show up in blood-work. I didn't get my diagnosis for the RA right away...in fact I began the symptoms suddenly when we still lived up north. I went to my pcp (who didn't do labs) that directed me to a neurologist, who I fired (long story there). I eventually just decided I would live with it and it was horrible. That was about a year before we moved here..in 2008 or so. It wasn't til 2011 when an astute dr. in taking my history and asking a plethora of questions sent me for labs. They took 15 vials to rule out various things. It was then I was found to have RA. I can recommend Dr. Catherine Sullivan at the Specialty Clinic as a rheumatologist. I've gone through 5 before finding her and she's very good. You can private message me if you have any other questions.
Thank you. Can you tell me what they took 15 vials of? You had said RA won't show up on a blood test. How did this rheumatoligist discover you had it? I believe that's what I have too.