View Single Post

Old 01-14-2020, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The music is mostly the same with a few exceptions here and there. It's mostly about dancing and especially line dancing. Unfortunately we also have a several DJs and professional karaoke singers. Contrary to what you think, this does satisfy the majority of the people. Most people want to dance and, especially the line dancers, could care less about what is being player as long as there is a bass drum pounding out quarter notes. You also have to remembers that the current demographic of The Villages puts their favorite music smack dab in the middle of the sixties. I actually have no problem with that but people like you that want to hear Duran Duran and other such music are going to be disappointed. I believe that the 70's and 80s music will slowly become more popular here over the next twenty years, but right now it's fifites and sixties.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.