View Single Post

Old 01-14-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
We're paying $50/month for the 2nd-to-lowest internet plan, which was supposed to be 60mbps but they upgraded us to 100mbps for the same $50/month. We have a roku stick, which cost us I think around $60 to purchase the stick and dongle. We get all the news channels, a kajillion movie channels. the ADDAMS FAMILY channel (can you believe that?!!!?), the James Bond channel (I know right?), a bunch of retro TV channels, classic film channels, all kinds of crazy stuff, plus some sports recap channels. We pay nothing for those, it's all included with the Roku.

We CAN get TV bundles for an extra $50 with Youtube or Hulu but so far we're okay with what we have now. Plus I do these shopping apps which gives me amazon and google play credit, so if I want to see a movie that isn't available free, I just use my credits and rent them from google or amazon and STILL don't pay a dime. I saw Judy today, with Renee Zelweiger. It was $1.99 to rent but I used the google pay credit I get from google rewards. Net cost: zero.
We did the same thing and cut the cord and love it. Get all the content we did before for a lot less money.