View Single Post

Old 01-14-2020, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you're worried about $6, don't ever sign up with Directv. In 12 years I've never had the same bill twice. Of course I'm always calling and getting a discount of some kind, and usually they come through. Past two years I was rewarded with NFL Sunday Ticket for free, but couldn't get it free this year.

I have the Premier Package which is every channel (330 Channels), plus HD DVR, second HD box, HD Tier Channels (Sony, MGM, HDNET, etc), Sports Package (all the local and national sports channels), all the premium channels (HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, TMC - about 8 to 10 of each in HD), maintenance plan. The tax in Florida alone is $22 a month, when you have no state income tax they get their money in other ways. Plus I'm on my last month of six months of paying for NFL Sunday Ticket installments, which was every game in the NFL. Directv is expensive, but you pay for the convenience of having every channel and it's shown on an on-screen channel guide and being able to jump back and forth and record 4 channels at once and store up to 200 hours forever. The only thing I don't have is the 4K box, but I didn't want to lose about 75 favorite movies I have already recorded. I figured since I'm retired and do enjoy watching TV, that I'm not going to sacrifice saving a few dollars, which would be blown on something else anyway.