View Single Post

Old 01-14-2020, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Which cat tore up the screen?
Mine. She was apparently defending herself. I was at work. Hubby reported he heard a crash, he jumped up to see what was going on and our cat jetted out of my room to the living room, hopped on the cat perch there with ears back, eyes fully dilated, hissing (something I have NEVER heard her do in the 3 years we've had her). Then she leapt off the perch and rushed to the lanai, growling and pacing around.

Hubby went outside to see what was out there and saw nothing (this was at night). Came back in. One of my cat's claws was a little ragged from being stuck on the screen but she was otherwise unscathed.

We've had birds in the yard, the big white ones, and she never went off like that. She isn't aggressive against dogs, just other cats.

The only other possibility would be if one of the owls in the neighborhood just happened to be flying very low, between our neighbor's house and mine, and just happened to be going slow enough to happen to notice that my cat was sleeping on her perch in front of the window, under the metal thing that hangs over to keep the rain out. I find this very unlikely.

And I know there is at least one cat who roams the neighborhood because its owner thinks that's a good idea. It has a collar so I know it's not feral.