View Single Post

Old 01-15-2020, 08:34 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
You will not find a flooring installer who is a licensed gas fitter, which is what's required here.
Not true in Florida. You can disconnect and re-install your gas stove. Currently the only place that is required in Florida is for a gas fireplace and gas furnace. I am sure it's coming, but not here yet.

OP, you should remove baseboards and they can be reused if removed carefully. Dishwashers have height adjustment legs and should not be an issue. Any decent handyman should be able to disconnect and re-install all 3 appliances with no issue. When removing baseboards, use a utility knife to score along the top edge and the wall to prevent wall damage. When finished just caulk and paint baseboards and they will look like new.

When I replaced the tile in our home, I removed 100% of all the baseboards and numbered them on the back and also on the wall behind where they came off. Put them all back, caulked and painted, and they are perfect. And the new floors run under them so no 1/4 round needed anywhere.