View Single Post

Old 01-15-2020, 05:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I loved the Grass Roots but just like Kansas, Badfinger and many others, if they don't have the original singer it takes away some of the nostalgia. Unfortunately the original singer Rob Grill died in 2011 when he fell of the roof of his home in Leesburg. Creed Bratton of the Office was a Grass Roots guitarist in the 60's, currently there is no member in the band that belong prior to 1984.

I'm not against seeing bands with other singers. I saw Molly Hatchet last week and only 2 members date back to '84 and '87 and I saw the Yardbirds and only the drummer was original. I wanted to hear music by Molly Hatchet and the Yardbirds, so I went for those reasons. I had ticket for Artemus Pyle Band, he was the drummer of Lynyrd Skynyrd from 1975 until 1991, and after watching youtube videos, they played all the songs and were great, however they cancelled the shows, I guess didn't sell enough tickets. Enjoy the show.

The Villages Florida

Creed is second from left, the late Rob Grill vocalist and bassist is in the middle with shades.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
John_W, you mean you never got to see the group you paid to see? You never explained your argument. Yes, if you just got to see Rocky & the Rollers, I would of been very upset too.