View Single Post

Old 01-16-2020, 11:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Checked my e-mail and I am getting the $8.71 back for what was overpaid on the student loan for law school. I had a Regent's Scholarship my 3rd year of law school. That paid all the tuition because I was working 20 hours or so a week at the law library. Or something like that. I was cataloging all the computer files on WESTLAW while another law librarian at SUNY at Buffalo Law School Library was handling all the computer files on LEXIS. This was for a national project connected with a group of librarians at Stanford.

Also doing reference and other things.
Hope there are some academic types still around who might understand this stuff relating to libraries and research. I have met a few here in the Villages over the 14.5 years we have been here.

So the law school loan was not all that big as I also worked at the Minneapolis Public Library in the History/Travel department as an Urban Intern. Got to do a little bit of every thing. This was for the Fall of my 2nd year of law school. And a little bit into the Spring Semester but not much.

I know NOTHING but boring.

Just really excited to finally get my law school loan paid off. My U of Denver Library School loans consisted of a Stipend Grant which I paid off by convincing the State of Nevada that my 224 613 Project was enough of a benefit to the people of Nevada to warrant it being counted as working as a librarian in Nevada even though I had been doing this effort in Minnesota, Illinois, California and Florida. I did have to send them a lot of stuff to make the case. Letters sent and received along with e-mails and the like.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 01-17-2020 at 09:51 AM.