View Single Post

Old 01-17-2020, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acinonyx View Post
The lightbulb in the lamppost by our garage that used to turn on at duck and off at dawn needs to be replaced. Is there a special bulb we need to get? I don't know if the bulb has a sensor or there is a sensor / timer built into the lamppost by The Villages.
I replace these all the time, and I would suggest the following:

1) Check to make sure the bulb is not bad, or that an accumulation of bugs have affected the base of the bulb making contact with the electrical contact on the fixture. I see this frequently.

If the bulb is the culprit, any bulb can be used. LED or incandescent. Depending on the actual lamp on your post, the type of bulb base can be Medium (the same size you're probably familiar with that you would use in a lamp or light fixture in the house), or it could be the smaller base. It really depends on your individual lamp, and is easy to determine when you remove the old bulb. If you only have one bulb in your fixture, my guess is that you have a regular sized light bulb in it.

2) If a new bulb doesn't do the trick, its more than likely the post lamp dusk/dawn sensor. These are easy to replace. Typically when these sensor fails, the light will either not come on, or wont go off.

Hope this helps.