View Single Post

Old 01-17-2020, 09:19 PM
KittyKat
Angry

Yes, I had the ACRY Sof IQ ReSTOR IOL lens inserted in 2012 & 2016 by Dr Scott Wehrly at their outpatient surgery center in the Santa Fe Plaza on 466. . Paid $1000 for the lens at the time of each surgery then he charges an extra $1000 each time for this type surgery. They had a poster in their waiting room where you go after the dilating drops are inserted and it showed how you could have crystal clear distance & intermediate vision but might have to wear reading glasses. I asked Dr Wehrly several times if he could guarantee the intermediate vision as I was having to use glasses when reading plus an intermediate pair when I shopped since I have to use a mobility cart. He assured me I would, although they always tell you nothing is 100%. Well, I wasted my money. I have fairly good distance vision although I wouldn't say it is great. I still need the intermediate & reading glasses. However, I can't read books anymore. The left to right back & forth motion is weird so I can not read. Magazines & emails are OK. I had halos at first but don't notice them anymore. He was very surprised that I didn't like the IOLs, said his patients liked them. I was only 59 when I had mine done & most people are older & have really bad cataracts so ANY improvement in vision is good for them. I was mad because I thought this should have been reported to the sales rep & I think I should have gotten some money back.