View Single Post

Old 01-18-2020, 10:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I would try another company. Give The Villages Insurance a chance. Even if you don't use them you will get the real story. 352-751-6622.

We used them for all of our insurance the first year and shop their price and coverage and The Companies they offered for each year since and haven't been able to do better elsewhere. We have a Manufactured Home so our situation is a little different than those with a "regular house".

We are from the Northeast and were shocked at how much importance is put on the age of the roof but I think you'll realize why their concern is so heavy about the age of the roof after the first heavy duty storm. Best of luck and welcome home!
We found out after moving to our manufactured home that Allstate on 441 (near Staples) is licensed to offer insurance on behalf of some other company, for manufactured homes. They don't offer it for Allstate though, just for that other company (I don't remember which one it is).

But if you have Allstate for your motor vehicles, and get homeowner's with them too even if it's just "through" them for a different insurance company, it could qualify you for umbrella discounts.

When this year's insurance is close to expiring we'll be checking with Allstate. We've done business with them for more than the 28 years we've been married; my parents were with Allstate back in the 1970's. So we kinda have a happy history with them and would love to continue it.

Our cars are with Allstate, we transferred the policies when we moved.