View Single Post

Old 01-19-2020, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

So you're saying a home you purchased in TV hasn't increased in value at least 6% in two years? My CYV has increased by 64% in 8 years ($158K to $249K), or is it because of the cost of many improvements you've made? It will take slightly longer to recover those costs and you never get the full value of an upgrade.

The home I sold just before moving here 9 years ago from Maryland I sold in one day with a discount broker. Only the listing fee can be discounted, the selling agent and broker will get their normal commission. You have someone list your home for a flat fee of $200 for example, that will get it in the MLS system. That listing agent will do nothing as far as selling your home. They won't take photos, they won't advertise, they won't have open house. You're totally dependent upon your home being shown by other agents. That's what happened with my home, an agent from Long & Foster (largest realtor in Maryland) showed the home at 10am, and called with an offer at noon.

The cheapest I've seen was in Hernando County Florida I worked for an ERA agent and we only charged 4.8%. The other brokers knew when showing our listings they were not going to get their usual split of 6%, normal split 4 ways (listing agent, listing broker, selling agent, selling broker).

Here, I did a search for you, a whole page of flat fee listing agents.

flat fee listing agent sumter county florida - Google Search