View Single Post

Old 01-20-2020, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Yes, and you are welcome to use your dirty cloth bags that you keep in the trunk of your car, that you drive to the store after filling up with gas that comes from the same oil wells, then drive it bag to your garage with the automatic door opener and light that runs on electricity from the same source. And remember all the time you are doing this, China and India are dumping millions of tons of carbon into the atmosphere and laughing at us
Hyperbole much? As I posted already - cloth bags are washable. I usually take the golf cart to the supermarket, which means I use less than a single gallon of gas monthly to do my grocery shopping. I also don't have a garage.

And China is dumping less now that they've refused to take OUR trash. You did notice there aren't any landfills near The Villages, didn't you? Did you ever think to wonder why not? The answer: it was being transported to China, and to Georgia. China is no longer an option and Georgia is getting full.

It will either have to go somewhere else, or we'll have to stop producing so much in the first place.

If it goes somewhere else, it will cost "bigly" to we, the homeowners and taxpayers.

If we reuse more, discard less, we can reduce the cost of the increase. If you don't mind paying the extra, then please give me your address so I know where to send the bill for -my- trash pickup.

Thanks.