View Single Post

Old 01-20-2020, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,514 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Dent View Post
This is great news! I stopped using single use plastic bags a long time ago. I save bags from products, such as the plastic bag inside a cereal box, the plastic bag that tortillas come in, bread bags… and I use those for scooping kitty litter. I know it seems daunting, but buying plastic bags to scoop your pet’s waste defeats the purpose. Congrats to Publix for demonstrating the need to take action. 😘
I scoop my cat box every day. I don't consume enough bagged food to provide me with a bag every day to do that.

I definitely don't want to buy more plastic bags JUST to scoop the litter box. I also loathe the idea of buying plastic bags that I use JUST to put in the bathroom waste bin. I can use paper bags to scoop the litter box but again - that would be single-use, and that's much more wasteful to me than re-using something I already had. That's why I like knowing that plastic bags at the supermarket are available. I don't always get them. I keep it limited, and I saved a bunch of them when I was living up north and brought them down with me instead of throwing them away - JUST so I could re-use them for the waste bins and kitty litter.

I bring a thermal insulated bag and at least one cloth bag with me to the supermarket currently. If I buy more groceries than I can fit in those two bags, I use the plastic they provide. I get to do my part, and not waste resources by buying new for the purpose of throwing away. I also buy garbage bags that are made from recycled plastic.