View Single Post

Old 01-20-2020, 11:08 AM

Interview 3 realtors from 3 different companies. The last time I did this, (new construction at 80 % finished) none of them had the common sense to ask me for the Listing.

1 week later Jay called me.
He informed me that another realtor from Charlottesville called him asking if he new of a certain type of house. “I think they might be interested in yours. Can we have them look at your home?” Neither realtor asked me for the listing. While the 2 realtors and the home buyer were looking at my house, the home buyer pulled me aside and asked if I had a price set on the property. After giving her my asking price she asked if I was open to changing any options such as tile, hardwood etc.

She than grabbed her husband and the 2 realtors and dragged them to the nearest office to sign an offer to purchase my house.

Jay presented me with he offer the next morning and I accepted. Nice guy that I am, I gave them 3%.

This is a true story. My point is, a true salesperson will ask for the sale (over and over again). Choose the realtor that asks and wants your listing. When he or she shows your house, the realtor will ask the lookers to buy your house. After choosing, negotiate, but hire that Realtor!