View Single Post

Old 01-22-2020, 09:48 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
We have been wanting to dine at Chops and finally made it a few days ago. The setting was fine as sat outside and it was great weather. I ordered the "short ribs" and they were very good. On a regular basis I order the Bob Evans Pot Roast dinner to go. To compare the Chops Short Rib dinner and Bob Evens Pot Roast was interesting. Start with they both tasted the same. To compare the rest: Chops= larger pieces of meat, Bob Evans about the same volume,Bob Evans mashed potatoes were better, chops was with roasted mushrooms, Bob Evans with green beans. The waiter at Chops had a "mild" attitude, BE not relevant. Price: Chops twice the price at Bob Evans. We would definitely go back to Chops but thought it was interesting as both main item of the meal (Meat) tasted the same.
I had the "short ribs" last night. Was advised ahead of time that they were "medallions" not bone-in ribs, but I tried them anyway. Tasted good, but were more like thick slices of pot roast. Experiment over, will try something else next time.