View Single Post

Old 01-22-2020, 11:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
LSL lifestyle was used for years after Brownwood was built. We know many who come here do not have a car. Wouldn’t be smart to put them in the new area without a square or grocery
Most people who buy in the new area understood it would be a few years before they had cart access to squares, shops, groceries etc. They enjoy the serenity of being separate from the rest of the villages and love their area. I would think offering Lifestyle stays there would entice more of the people that like the new village lifestyle, rather than the old one.

Offering stays where you are a cart ride from squares and groceries is promoting the old village lifestyle, that is only available in re-sales.

We were the first couple that were put in the Alden Bungalows for a Lifestyle visit a over three years ago. Others we met at our lifestyle pickleball class were still at Lake Sumter. I appreciated them putting us where the new builds were. I found I wanted a more settled area, with shopping and restaurants built out, so decided against a new build. It did annoy my husband to no end, as he scrambled to find a few weeks rental near Sumter to convince me to come to the Villages at all. Now we’ve happily been here three years in a location that works for us.