View Single Post

Old 01-22-2020, 06:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
After getting e mails from Progressive to bundle my insurance I decided to call them. I have my auto ins with them and asked for a homeowners quote to bundle both. The quote was about $200 less than my current insurance company. When I said I was interested in hooking them up, the sales person said he needed to check with someone about adding sinkhole coverage (which I wanted). I was then told I would need to get a sinkhole inspection before they could provide the coverage. I have sinkhole now and always have for the last 10 years. Never needed an inspection before. Have been told the inspection could cost $5,000 to $10,000. Obviously I am staying with current company (Coastal). Any comments??

There are sinkhole inspections and there are sinkhole inspections. As villagetinker said, the insurance company inspection is usually a walk around at no cost to you.

A geological survey will run $7-10k and is an entirely different animal. I was going to have it done till I was advised by couple RE agents, it may not be a good idea.