View Single Post

Old 01-23-2020, 07:42 AM
Default Sinkhole Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
After getting e mails from Progressive to bundle my insurance I decided to call them. I have my auto ins with them and asked for a homeowners quote to bundle both. The quote was about $200 less than my current insurance company. When I said I was interested in hooking them up, the sales person said he needed to check with someone about adding sinkhole coverage (which I wanted). I was then told I would need to get a sinkhole inspection before they could provide the coverage. I have sinkhole now and always have for the last 10 years. Never needed an inspection before. Have been told the inspection could cost $5,000 to $10,000. Obviously I am staying with current company (Coastal). Any comments??
Smart move! I am a Villager. However, I have been in the insurance claims business in FL for over 30 years and have never heard of Coastal. Is that an offshoot of Citizens? Buying homeowner insurance in FL should always come from an AM Best rated company with aa rating no less than A. Premium cost should not be a consideration. You often get what you pay for.