View Single Post

Old 01-23-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I don't own a CYV but a friend of mine just purchased a pre-owned CYV in Hadley and will be closing soon on the property.

I understand your concern. So....the property that is located in your neighbor's courtyard is actually YOUR property? I don't quite understand this logic of the design of the Courtyard Villas. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I have a feeling my friend doesn't know about this "quirk" of the Courtyard Villas.
It's really not a big deal. You're neighbor's property line is a few feet from the edge of their house. This is also true for your friend's property line on the other side of his house if he has anything other than a corner lot. While his neighbor owns the property he is responsible for maintaining it (per the guidelines in the deed restrictions). This is similar but reversed for the landscaping adjacent to his home but facing his neighbor's home (by their driveway and near the gate to his back yard). He owns the property but the neighbor is responsible for maintaining the landscaping. In many cases, your irrigation system is likely watering your property but your neighbor's landscaping. It's all very clearly spelled out and shouldn't be a problem. As with almost any home, it helps to be a good neighbor and communicate when needed. The language is scarier than what happens in practice. I'm sure there are exceptions to this but if it was such a horrendous problem there would not be so many folks enjoying their CY villas.

Last edited by GoPacers; 01-23-2020 at 08:41 AM.