View Single Post

Old 01-25-2020, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,684 Times in 5,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM0614 View Post
Probably not that would horrible. I can tell you I purchased a house here it was a huge mistake - property taxes went up 25% HOA fees unlimited the CDD bond never goes away - I’m selling when my year is up I get you didn’t know that if you sell your house in less than a year the villages keeps your profit.

God was looking out for you I’m selling once my year is up.
The Villages rule about not making a profit if you sell within a year is very deceptive. When you sell, you are allowed to exclude from the profit calculation, the real estate commission, and 100 percent of the cost for any upgrades you made. The real estate commission is a fee paid by the seller, and should not be included in the sale price. Also, a seller should only expect to recover a part of the upgrade costs in the sale price. It's great for the seller to be able to recover these costs within a year, but, as a buyer, I would consider them to be profit items. I had an agent show me a house that was only 8 months old and priced at more than $100K above the new price that the seller paid. The agent's sales pitch to me was that the seller would not be making a "profit". I disagree.