Thread: Costco
View Single Post

Old 01-25-2020, 07:12 PM

I have been doing business with Costco since the mid-80's. This includes the US as well as International Regions. I am still active with Costco working with companies attempting to do business with them. As a result I have some good contacts with Costco Executives and have a clear understanding of their business model. Further, I have many close friends that are employed at Costco corporate (Issaquah Washington) that keep me up-to-date on whats happening with Costco.

I too would like to see a Costco close to TV's. Last month I contacted the SVP for the Southeast Region requesting an update on plans for a location down here. Below is the email reply I received on January 8th in quotes:

"Good Morning
We are still In the early stages of looking for the right property and one that makes sense knowing the size (of the market) and competitive environment. Our real estate group is running into issues with finding something that is affordable by our standards. Thanks for checking back."

Bottom line----they are looking, but land costs around TV's is very expensive these days. I can tell that Costco will not announce any information on a new location until land is acquired and permits granted.

I hope this helps-----keep your fingers crossed.