View Single Post

Old 01-26-2020, 07:09 AM

Agree with all the comments above. I would add that a used home often has additions that previous owners have done to improve their home. I will tell you those things I am grateful to have. If you expect company, especially grandchildren, proximity to pools is key ( perhaps they could walk to it). We are fortunate to have an adult pool at one end of our Loop, and a family pool at the other. We ended up with a 2 car plus golf cart Amarillo ranch house. This is great because we have a car and each have our own golf cart, and we don’t have to do the shuffle to move one or the other out of the way. A corner lot gives you a little green space and allowed us to expand our outdoor living space (birdcage) to include a fire pit. An enclosed lanai became my husbands “man cave” and gave us each a little away time! A flat driveway allows for garage socials. The split bedroom is perfect, you on one side, guests on the other. Privacy for both of you. I love a front porch you can sit out on and wave to your neighbors. We are very close to stores, restaurants and Walmart, a quick easy golf cart ride and also to Lake Sumter, our favorite town center. I feel lucky to have found all these things in our home first time out because I really didn’t know how much I would appreciate these things. Good luck with your search.