Thread: Costco
View Single Post

Old 01-26-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
In two words...HECK YES!

As to the questions on "what's the difference between Costco and Sam's," I've found that while Costco reputedly carries less products (SKU's) than Sam's...their general quality is much higher.

It is not unusual at all, to find high-end/luxury products at Costco, whereas I find Sam's has pretty much what you would find in Walmart...just at different quantities.

What also makes Costco fun...is the 'Treasure Hunt' aspect of it.

Their expertise on shoppers psyche is second to none, which often makes me spend more money than intended (getting out of of Costco without dropping less than $200 on things I didn't know I needed...is hard).

Costco rotates their inventory often, so if you don't buy that really good deal on a quality/luxury product now...it may not be there the next time.

Then, of course is their rotisserie chicken...which has a cult following of its own

Costco Chicken (carve here)

And last, but certainly not least, is that I find Costco employees to be generally happier & more helpful...than other warehouse store employees.

Which is most likely due to the fact that they pay and treat their employees well.

11 More Reasons To Love Costco (poke here)

Did I mention that...I LOVE Costco?
Amen sister/brother! I was just thinking the same: quite happy personnel, more employee-customer involvement; BIGGER chickens; a superior wine selection (beats some ABC stores); very good choice of electronics; superior staging of items; great card checkers at the doors; ya know, it's really worth traveling an hour to the nearest Costco to get these warm-and-fuzzies. You just don't get much of it at Sam's at Lady Lake, although it has its good points.