View Single Post

Old 01-26-2020, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcgowan View Post
is Angies list available in TV?
If you did a search on Talk of the Villages about results from AL, you would find that the replies on Angie's List for this area are not very reliable, more often than not, the vendors pay to be put on that list. You can look up Lady Lake and Wildwood for the communities. Many, many times the estimates are way out of line. The best way to find contractors is right here, before I moved to TV I had a 20 page pad filled with every contractor and service provider from Landscaper to Painter lined because of this site. The search button at the top of the page is the most important feature this site offers.

The day after closing, almost 9 years ago I had Investment Painters inside my home painting the interior. Fantastic job, they removed the blinds, masked all the trim and 4 painters were in and out in 8 hours.

I just recently had my Courtyard Villa exterior painted. We have 88 villas in our community and since we obtained permission 3 years ago to change the color and since the homes are now about 8 years old, 33 of the villas have had the outside repainted. 31 chose Oscar and 2 chose Steve Kling.

My villa was done in September by Oscar, first he sent a power-washer and did the entire outside of the unit. The rain gutters and downspouts looked like new when he was finished. Then Oscar and his crew of 3 others worked 8 hours. First they removed all the downspouts, sealed all the cracks in the masonry and then used Sherwin Williams best paint and rolled on two coats. Oscar was $300 cheaper than Kling.

Before, this photo is from 2013, the yellow as even more faded this year.

The Villages Florida

This past September when Oscar was finished, the home is almost 9 years old.

The Villages Florida