View Single Post

Old 01-26-2020, 10:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
He was asking about implant dentures, not just implants. In order to get implant dentures, ALL his teeth need to be extracted. Every single one of them. That will make him SORE - for at least a few weeks. They fit the temporary dentures over the sutured gums, and he has to take them out, rinse with salt water, and put them right back in and leave them in EXCEPT when he's rinsing - all day, all night, for several days in a row. If he doesn't, then the healing process will change the configuration of the inside of his mouth, and the permanent dentures won't fit when they come in.

It is a HUGE undertaking, it is not the same thing as just getting an implant or two.
Over dentures and snap-on dentures are not necessarily full dentures. My dento-facial surgeon has a brochure on the many different options. You could have one implant screw holding three teeth, two holding six, etc. OP didn't say how many teeth.

The temps don't have to be left in 24/7. I took mine out at night. In fact, I was told 5 hours a day was sufficient to keep the remaining teeth from shifting. After the implant screws are in, the temps don't even have to be worn if you don't want. I do agree if all teeth are removed, you would want to wear the temps as much as possible, but I don't see why it's necessary.

Have you had this done? Maybe someone who has can give an answer.

Implants are a great invention and well worth the cost, IMO.