View Single Post

Old 01-27-2020, 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=MrsArmie;1712618]We are just starting to look at homes and locations in the Villages for our retirement. We really like gas versus electric for our whole house heating and especially for our kitchen cooktop.]

Welcome to The Villages!

Gas was my deal breaker as well. I loved cooking on my gas cooktop up up north... Thought I had to have it. Then I discovered induction. I cannot rave enough about how fantastic it is to cook on... How Uber easy it is to clean... And you know how slaving over a hot stove feels in the heat of the summer? You don't get the Lost hear of cooking on gas burners. No Uber hot utensils, pot handles... Never anything burned on the glass cooktop. Just a wee with a dish cloth and spritz with some glad polish to make it glisten. You need pots that magnets stick to... If you have grandma's farberware pot and have to use it... There are adaptor discs you can buy to enable you to do so. Cast iron works Beautiful on it too. When I went up north and spent a summer cooking on my Wolf had cooktop... I about cried... It was so hot cooking on gas. The handles got hot... I wanted to switch out that gad cooktop for induction! BTW...I hated cooking on the electric stoves in the places we rented... Everyone should upgrade to induction...imho.

Don't miss out on a beautiful home in a fantastic location because of the lack of natural gas. The house I currently own... prior to me owning it, was struck by lightning... The lightening hit the gas line which is located in the Attic in all homes except for the manufactured homes.... It burned to the ground. The gas fueled the fire.Thankfully nobody was injured.

If you choose a home with gas... I would talk to a plumber about the new safety codes for the gas in New builds... They can update those lines... depending on the age of the home with gas you choose to purchase.