View Single Post

Old 01-27-2020, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
There aren’t presently. However, if you charge the cart every night that should not be a problem. A cart can go at least 40 miles on a charge. It is 15 miles from Nancy Lopez Golf Course to Brownwood. You should be able to get from one end of our present Villages to the other with a round of golf thrown in. And at 20 miles an hour you probably don’t want to spend more than two hours a day in a cart anyway.
Shoot me now if I ever had to travel THAT far in one day in a golf cart. I have a Yamaha electric cart with all the bells and whistles, including a luxury seat with arm rests and lumbar support. It also has bright headlights and self cancelling turn signals. Such luxury!!! Still, I would never travel that far in our golf cart in one day.

So, my question for all the must have a gas cart owners........Why the need for a gas cart if one can travel from Lopez all the way to Brownwood and also throw in a round of golf on one charge in an electric cart? I know, I know, as the batteries age, they do not perform as well as when they were new, but still.....who travels THAT far in a day?

My cart is always plugged in when in the garage so I always start the day with a full charge of the batteries.