View Single Post

Old 01-27-2020, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Just wondering if your neighbor started out his venture with a full charge on his batteries. Also....how old were the batteries and did he maintain them properly (ie: keeping them watered properly)?
He bought the cart used in 2011 and it was suppose to have new batteries. We started playing golf together in spring 2012 and this happened right before we started playing, so they were less than a year old. I don't know anymore of the details, after he started playing with me, we always took my cart because of that problem until he bought a Yamaha two years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean
Shoot me now if I ever had to travel THAT far in one day in a golf cart. I have a Yamaha electric cart with all the bells and whistles, including a luxury seat with arm rests and lumbar support. It also has bright headlights and self cancelling turn signals. Such luxury!!! Still, I would never travel that far in our golf cart in one day.
In a gas cart, we play Lopez with no problem, and we're in Tamarind Grove by Sterling Hgt Rec Center. We make it there in 40 minutes, play 18 and return, last time was just a couple of weeks ago. We go to Glenview quite often, that's only 25 minutes. We have real good central location, can reach 7 championship courses within 20 minutes.