View Single Post

Old 01-27-2020, 06:01 PM
Sage

You have provided a classic example of trying to mislead with statistics. The bulk of the calls are probably for gas carts but that would be because there are many more gas carts than electric carts. The only meaningful statistic, which I doubt you have access to, is the rate of breakdown. If I had to guess, I would say that most breakdowns are flat tires. I don't know of a single person who has gone from gas to electric but I know of several that have gone from electric to gas because they got tired of replacing batteries. I don't currently know a single person with an electric cart. The people I know bought gas carts because of lower operating costs, better resale value, and less maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Well most of that isn't true.....but if it makes you feel better great! The bulk of the calls are for gas carts that have run out of gas or a mechanical breakdown. Most electric cart owners know their capabilities and how to mange them....but there are those that won't charge them or will drive them past the battery reliability life. Yes, you do need to change them about every 4 year years depending on how far you drive. Several in our neighborhood are dumping their Yamaha's and moving to electric. Those that aren't suffer from range fear and that's ok, nobody should drive in fear. 10 miles and a round of golf is user error, no different than running out of gas.

Last edited by biker1; 01-27-2020 at 06:09 PM.