View Single Post

Old 01-27-2020, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
You have provided a classic example of trying to mislead with statistics. The bulk of the calls are probably for gas carts but that would be because there are many more gas carts than electric carts. The only meaningful statistic, which I doubt you have access to, is the rate of breakdown. If I had to guess, I would say that most breakdowns are flat tires. I don't know of a single person who has gone from gas to electric but I know of several that have gone from electric to gas because they got tired of replacing batteries. I don't currently know a single person with an electric cart. The people I know bought gas carts because of lower operating costs, better resale value, and less maintenance.
Just not hanging with the right people . We have several in our neighborhood that switched from gas to electric and there will be more. Everytime the electric guys drive the gas guys they start to "get it". Not sure how gas carts have a lower operating cost, unless you include batteries but the gas guys carts (yes, the Yamaha F-1s) seem to spend a lot of time in the shop (of course getting an appointment with The Villages is not easy. Just admit that the guys that have electric are happy with their decision and the guys that have gas are happy with theirs. Same with cars, notice there are more electric cars on the road every year but there are guys here that would never give up their gas cars? Personal preference is just that personal preference. Why do either side try and convince the other that their decision is the only right decision.

Berks County Pennsylvania