Thread: Monthly fees
View Single Post

Old 01-28-2020, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

The historic side is under the wing of the VCCDD (notice two C's) which is essentially the business district governed by the developer. VCCDD stands for Village Center Community Development district. One has to remember the historic side was established long before The Villages was incorporated also before the name "The Villages". There was never a bond for homes built on the historic side. Even new homes built today on the historic side do not have bonds. One has to remember that a bond is issued to cover the infrastructure rather than bake the price into the selling price of a new home ( kind of smoke and mirror marketing trick to make the price of a home seem lower). No need for a bond for the new homes being built on the historic side since the infrastructure already exist. There was other contracts with the residents on the historic side before The Villages came into play. Example free cable TV and garbage pick up. Some of the original residents (the few that are left) actually receive these benefits today until their house is sold or new names on the deed I.E. grandfathered. One also has to remember the historic side was established before VCDD's were established starting with Disney in Florida. I suspect there is some rule that a VCCD can only be formed forward and not retroactive. Anyway The Developers knew the dilemma of having the historic side and the newly formed The Villages under two sets of rules. Harold Schartz stepped up and said don't worry about the historic side. Again remember Harold lived on the historic side and had many friends there. He said the solution is to put them under control of the Village Center District. In fact I will paraphrase Harold from a letter I have to the historic residents at the time of building "The Villages". There are not enough residents on the historic side to worry about in the scheme of what is coming. I will take care of them. Thus the historic side indeed does not have a bond or maintenance fee.
The remainder of The Villages are in VCDD's (one C) Village Community Development Districts. VCDD is followed by a number which designates your district.
Following is a lift from the VCCD website:
"The Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages is governed by the VCCDD. In addition, the VCCDD provides common area maintenance and Deed Compliance services. The Amenity Authority Committee (AAC) is a committee of the VCCDD that oversees amenity fee revenues and expenditures and related policies for properties in the VCCDD service area. A resident from the Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages serves on the AAC."

Last edited by rustyp; 01-28-2020 at 08:45 AM.