Thread: Monthly fees
View Single Post

Old 01-28-2020, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Thank You rustyp for that explanation. I have been fortunate enough to meet two people who were pioneers in our community. Even though an explanation several posts back gives a technicality that is informative also I'm still going to refer to this side of the tracks as The Villages.

Out of the stories I've heard about Mr. Schwartz from those he lived with in the beginning is fits in with what they have said about him for him to say "Harold Schwartz stepped up and said don't worry about the historic side I will take care of them". Wish he was still around. During the Trolley Ride that we take every year and a half we have been brought past Mr. Schwartz's first and second homes. The lady on the bus said he was forced to move to the second home. Who really knows.

A really great and early owner on Saint Andrews Blvd came out of his closing looking sad. Turns out he was about 5 feet short of property to be able to add an extra garage in a year or so after he moved into his new home. A man came over and asked him why are you so sad? This should be one of the happiest days of your life. The new owner explained his problem and the man consoled him but never revealed who he was.

The new owner was asked if he could meet at his new home then next morning at 10am and replied that he would. He wasn't moving in for a few more days. At this point he still didn't know he was speaking to Mr. Schwartz. When everyone was assembled Mr. Schwartz identified himself to Bob and asked Bob to open the garage door. When he did there was a brand new Electric Golf Cart with a Bow on it as a gift to help even the score for his disappointment. When Bob was telling me this story this manly man started to cry. He said things like this happened all the time and Mr. Schwartz did it all quietly from the goodness of his heart. I don't take this as Urban Legend, I think the source was perfect. He was a unique guy and very honorable.