View Single Post

Old 01-28-2020, 09:46 AM

I can definitely confirm that there was a lock down as I was a patient in the ER when it occurred. It started with the fire alarms going off and overhead announcements of a Code Red and that no one was to pass through the fire doors. Later the overhead messages changed to 'Lock Down' but through out the incident there were timely repeated messages 'condition' is still in effect. No one told us (wife and I) what was happening but they did close the doors to all the treatment rooms. It is true about the staff change at 7pm. My day shift nurse was not allowed to leave till about 8:30p when they let the night shift staff in who were milling around outside somewhere. There were a LOT of law enforcement and fire men who passed by our room. We saw dogs go by several times and it was obvious the dogs were working. My case had already been worked up and I was waiting to be admitted to a room upstairs which I later learned was prevented by the lock down. As abruptly as it started it ended and everything went back to normal.