View Single Post

Old 01-28-2020, 10:59 AM

Having had years of sore feet, ankles, knees and hips, which shoes are “best” is definitely a matter of individual needs and preferences. For instance, your feet could be flat with almost no arches or they could have very high arches. Big difference! Also how you walk—mechanically—(your gait) affects which shoe is best for you.

I have had great success with getting good walking shoes at a good specialty shoe store targeted to RUNNERS. Many of those stores have well-trained sales help to assist you with choosing for fit, function and style. My local running store has a treadmill and cameras to identify whether you “pronate” or not. Turns out, I do. Getting shoes structured for that has made a huge difference in my daily pain levels!

Besides that, as the other poster suggested, I love Birkenstocks too. I would be sure to buy them and wear them for short spurts at home to mold them to your feet before you wear them for a long day of sight-seeing. The breaking-in process can cause some discomfort & nothing can ruin a nice day faster than painful joints or feet. Enjoy your trip! It sounds dreamy...