View Single Post

Old 01-29-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
You're right, if that's all I had to drive was the generic white Yamaha provided by TV for a LSV that only go 15 mph, I wouldn't drive a cart either. In fact on my LSV 9 years ago, I left the cart in the garage and drove my car to Cane Garden.

The newer Yamaha's go 20 mph, they're very quiet with extra insulation and sealed bottom. They have very little smell, get about 45 mpg, and will last you forever with just normal yearly maintenance.

To drive on the roads, you would need a street legal cart with auto insurance and a Florida tag. They would capable of going 25 mph, and would have requirements such as seat belts, windshield wipers and would be electric, like you want. You usually can find them for sale quite often. I've noticed more people are moving away from the higher speed golf cart and going with the Atomic Vehicle. It has all the capabilities of a cart, drive on cart paths, drive on golf course, but they are fully enclosed and air conditioned. We have an actual dealer at Brownwood. It's across 44 on the extension of Powell Rd. behind Sparr Building Supplies. I saw about 3 Atomic vehicles for sale on TOTV last year. The used ones usually sell for about $8,000 and new ones are $10,000 to $15,000 depending the on the model and options.

Atomic Electric Vehicles 4 seat coupe with AC/Heat - YouTube

The Villages Florida
Just a word of caution on these carts. Before you purchase one make sure if you need parts that they are available. Over the last 15 plus years here in TV we have seen cart brands come and go. Owners trying to get service/repairs done and having mega buyers remorse. If you stick with the 3 major brands you will have a much better service experience.