View Single Post

Old 01-29-2020, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,510 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
So, if I am looking at the map correctly, the homes north and east of the main portion of TV across the Golf Cart Bridge into "Orange Blossom" allow these things. Is this correct?
The deed restrictions for that area of The Villages is much less strict, but it's also out of date and parts of it completely obsolete. For instance they require that only double-wides be allowed to be placed on any property there. Now, in actuality, if you tear down an old mobile home in the Historic section (as it is called), you must replace it with a "site-built" home. You are no longer allowed to replace it with another mobile home.

Yes, you can put a lawnmower in your driveway. However, if you use your driveway to store your 40-foot RV, you will likely **** off your neighbors, who enjoy a more reasonable view of their neighborhood.

There are RV storage facilities nearby, both covered and uncovered. The same goes for boats - I mean, if you have a canoe you can just up-end it and lean it against the wall in your storage shed. Or even hang it over the sliding doors into the house from the lanai, as a decorative touch.

Just because something isn't forbidden, doesn't mean it's a great idea to do it. There are folks whose families come in RVs to visit for a few days - I personally think that's fine, but when it's your RV and you're using your driveway to store it, it crosses the line of impropriety - whether or not it's strictly "allowed" or "forbidden."