View Single Post

Old 01-30-2020, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I dunno. It sounds like it is a movie with a plot about real people and it sounds pretty positive to me. I don't think he set out to make us all look insipid and having dementia and wearing white shoes and having blue hair..

He does seem "surprised" we are so like him. He just turned 24. If we don't like it we can get together and make a movie about young people who spend most of their time in small offices in Manhattan.

Oh yes.
I saw them filming months ago and wondered what it was. Now I know. From the short "preview" it looks like the story of "old people at the twilight of their lives" seeking love, being pom-pom girls and driving golf carts under a lawn sprinkler. Looking closely at the old guy, yikes, in the very unflattering but intentional shadow, staring lovingly in his future mates eyes standing in the water makes me cringe because that is NOT what **I** see here in The Villages. Yea, it's a movie, I mean a "documentary" but it reinforces all the stereotype of The Villages (and other similar places). I'm sure not many people are going to see it because documentaries never do well in the theaters but I would like to see it in full.