View Single Post

Old 01-30-2020, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I think it is somewhat insulting. He and his sister are far too young to know what aging is like. Some of us are lucky enough to sail through the aging process and then there are many others who have a terrible time facing old age and if they are alone and lonely during this period in their lives they are an easy target.

There probably is a large population of people who are lonely and cannot find companionship, but I hardly think that makes for good cinematography. Do you really want to go to the movies to see two old people desperately trying to find true love!

On the other side of the coin he could have sought out the huge number of people living here who are still happily married, can afford to live their dreams and do not go around behaving as though they were still in high school.

I would like to see a "real" film maker come to TV to make a movie about what the Morse family have managed to achieve over the past 30+ years, because that would be a movie worth seeing. Show the start of TV when there was nothing here and then show how it has evolved into this incredible community. Whether you like the Morse’s’ or not, they have done something that no one else has done, there is no retirement community in the world like this and there probably never will be. Show the world the number of young people relocating here and leaving the rat race to live the good life with us oldies. Show the huge variety of stores we have, the restaurants of every type, the fact that we have our own hospital, the number of urgent care clinics and on and on. Show the world how we are able to live in our aging years. Just think of how our parents aged compared to us, and show the world that instead of making us a laughing stock!

and now I will climb down from my soap box! Thanks for reading

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak