View Single Post

Old 01-31-2020, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Why don't you just drop by or send them a note to point out that according to flag etiquette the US flag should be above the other flags, in case they don't know. But if they choose not to swap their flags around I don't think there is much you can do about it. I must admit that I don't understand why this would bother you so much that you won't drive by the house in question, but we are all entitled to feel however we like about whatever we like.

Good luck getting them to resolve this issue.

kathy
On a different issue or conflict and if they were my neighbor I would talk about it with them if I saw them outside. Knock on the door?? Not even a remote chance. I do understand your idea and 20 years ago maybe it would have worked for me but as of today that idea is a no go. I could ask you to go for me but I don't want to be disrespectful as you don't deserve that. Disrespect is what made me post in the first place but it wasn't the disrespect of a person it was the disrespect of The AMERICAN FLAG.

I don't want to stop someone from flying the other flags that are there now but the way I understand it THE AMERICAN FLAG is flown in the top position. My main QUESTION was who do I contact to have this corrected if in fact it is wrong. It seems wrong but I'm looking for help from someone who is in the know and confirmation that the AMERICAN FLAG should be present.

One of the replies I got so far the wildest one by far was was move back north. After reading my original post thats your answer? Are you the person with the flags I'm talking about? I did mention I was looking for guidance and was being constructive. I'm not trying to change anybody's feelings or view about the flags that are there now. What they think about those flags is not my business. The Flag that's missing is our business.

If the answer is that the flag configuration I mentioned is fine I guess I have to accept it. If someone know who to call please let me know.