View Single Post

Old 01-31-2020, 08:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
As a retired over the road truck driver I looked forward to knowing that there was a Love's travel center on my route.

1. They were almost always a clean place for a fuel stop.
2. They were a good place for an overnight stay.
3. They often had a Chester's fried chicken!

At this proposed location (west of 301 south of the turnpike interchange) it would be impossible for any traffic travelling north on the turnpike to get to it if the exit remains as it presently is just merging with northbound 301 traffic. Also, travelling southbound on the turnpike all exiting traffic would easily get to it but unless there is a traffic light at the proposed Love's exit it would make it very dangerous for traffic exiting desiring to get back on the turnpike. That section of 301 is in dire need of a total makeover (widening 301 making it 4 lanes plus it would require a new turnpike overpass to accommodate the widening) with additional traffic light in order to make it safe. The traffic already present is very busy with all the dump trucks and service companies going into the new villages locations and most likely will be for many years to come.
Excellent points regarding the roads in that area. I know there are plans being developed and funding being allocated for the widening of 301 to four lanes and the redesign of the turnpike interchanges. I can't remember the specifics or the timing.