Thread: Nail Salon
View Single Post

Old 01-31-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
When I have my nails done at the shop at Lake Sumter Landing, (which is the only place I have ever had my nails done...my toes, which seem to have grown further away lately) I noticed that the people who work there are largely Asian. I also noticed they are very careful about putting a liner in the basin and having you take home your file and buffer to use again when you return and that the polish lasts the whole time. Up until this annoying time of me unable to reach my toes to paint, I did my own. I don't know why almost all the folks that work there are Asian but they all seem very nice and I imagine they all have interesting stories to tell as to how they got to this place and work with so many Villagers, who I hope are nice to them.

P.S. It makes me very angry when I meet people who think all older people think and act the same...and worse are all dumb as rocks.
Most nail salons are family related, siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles. Each family makes sure every person who enters this country, goes to school gets their license to work at the shop. Most are Vietnamese. However here in TV I do my own. Up north I go to a spa that only uses certain products.

I used one popular nail salon in TV for a year, during that time I ended up with toenail fungus. It took my podiatrist a year to clear it up. At my due diligence I privately informed the owner of the salon. Sadly I was asked never to enter the business again.

Last edited by asianthree; 01-31-2020 at 10:03 AM.